At Home in Arkansas has featured the best in home design and garden stories since 1996—and we’re always looking for our next story! Want to submit your home or design for a feature in our pages? Read on to understand the process.
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
- Homeowners have given their written permission to publish the home in At Home in Arkansas via the 2021 Homeowner’s Release.
- Design professionals have also signed the 2021 Homeowner’s Release, indicating they understand the terms of agreement regarding republication and photography rights.
- The home is not currently on the market or serving as a model, spec home, or rental property. We do prioritize single-family residences.
- The project has not been previously published in print or digital magazine sites. We are committed to providing readers with original content.
- The project is located in Arkansas.
HOW TO SUBMIT
To pitch your home or design, please email photos along with details about the project. We ask that you include images of the exterior, living room, kitchen, dining area, master bedroom, and bath as jpgs, pdfs, or a link to a non-expiring Dropbox folder.
Along with these images, please include the following information in your email:
- City or region where the home is located
- If you worked with a designer and/or contractor, please include their business names.
- State whether the project was a remodel or new construction. If the project is a remodel, consider attaching “before” photos to help illustrate the transformation.
- Are there any interesting details about the project? Tell us! We’d love to know if it was built for a family, is a remodeled historic home, or includes any out-of-the-box custom details.
Pitches can be emailed to editor Stephanie Maxwell Newton (email@example.com) or managing editor Tiffany Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are often scouting homes about 9-12 months prior to publication. Our process involves not only deciding a home makes a good feature, but also deciding which issue is the best fit. We will contact you with questions about the home or if we need to set up an in-person scout.
ADDITIONAL EDITORIAL OPPORTUNITIES
In addition to full-home features, we feature one-room makeovers. To be considered for our monthly Refresh section, rooms should have at least four details that have been renovated, while still maintaining the original function of the room. Please email both before and after images along with details about the project. Again, please indicate if you worked with an interior designer or contractor on the renovation.
Every month, we publish timely information about new shops, changes in ownership, and local design news. Email email@example.com with information about your company or organization for consideration.
Special Sections like Discover, Trendsetters, and seasonal Gift Guides help At Home in Arkansas thrive. If you are interested in discussing inclusion in one of these advertising sections or other forms of native advertising, email our publisher, Kelly Fraiser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.